Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last few days before Chicago

Erica with Isaac


Erica and I last night

Erica and Scrubs (Scrubs wasn't too excited about having to stop playing with his milk jug to take a photo)

Life has been pretty ordinary around here lately. My days this week have consisted of work, helping to dog sit for Deuce, and helping Tiffany, when I can, deal with a two-year-old and a cast on her left foot. It has rained here nearly non-stop now all week. Scrubs has been such a good dog, and Isaac such a good boy. It's been very peaceful around our house. Isaac is sleeping through the night without exception and so I have been getting up each morning with JB at 6:00 and getting to work. This morning, I slept in a bit because women's gymnastics kept me up way too late last night.

It's been really nice having Erica around as she gets home a few hours before JB to keep us all company. Last night JB made sandwiches on the grill for dinner, and Erica helped me make a dessert for care group this evening. I think it is almost identical to Joia's ice cream cake (Joia that one is not on your food blog :) It has a few calories in it is all I know. A few thousand!

In addition to my trip to Chicago in two days, we are beginning to make plans to drive to Fort Lauderdale at the end of the month. With the Labor Day holiday, JB is going to end up getting quite a bit of time off for Isaac's hearing. I am thinking of staying in Fort Lauderdale for another 1-2 weeks since his return means the start of nights, and it may be more fun for me to be with people who aren't working all the time during that two weeks. We'll see how it all comes together. The only bad part of that plan is that I would have to drive back to Eglin with dog and baby by myself and being pregnant, I can't caffeinate as much as I have in the past. So we'll see how it all comes together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your mom would be willing to come back with you for a few days so you wouldn't have to drive all the way back by yourself.

Karen

Joia said...

Erica, you ROCK!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you from all the Wifia for the Vanicream products! What a nice surprise, it was like a little "spa shower" or something at the lunch today! You're awesome! =) (Wendi, if I shouldn't have mentioned the product on the blog or something, you can delete this).

Amy T. S. said...

How cute is this Erica? So cute!

Erica said...

Joia, you are welcome! I am glad that you guys liked them...and I hope you can use them! I keep hearing about your desserts too, so next time maybe we can get together for some cinnamon rolls! Amy, I don't know you, but you are welcome to be my new best friend if you want with a comment like that! haha Miss you already Wendi!