Monday, August 11, 2008

A quiet Monday . . .

There's been a lot to do today, but it has been remarkably quiet and relaxing for me around my home today.

In addition to getting nearly four hours of work done, I spent some time with William this morning since his mom, my bud Tiffany, has returned from vacation on crutches. She broke her foot while out of town! I can't imagine chasing a two-year-old around with only one leg so I tried to chase him myself for a bit to give her a break.

I also went to get our neighbor's dog, Deuce, and brought him over here to play since it was too wet outside for he and Scrubs to romp. They have been playing for nearly two hours and having a ball. Only a few minutes ago did they both finally give up and collapse on the kitchen floor. The only bad thing is that I have to take a lot of breaks to let them both go potty. All that playing makes for very thirsty dogs and thus dogs who need to potty a lot.

Erica is busy away from the house. She is a pharmaceutical representative so she has to go doctors' offices throughout the Emerald Coast during the day. I'm so glad we could be in the area for her. I know she does a lot of traveling in strange cities, not knowing anyone. She has told us it is very nice to be somewhere with people you know and not have to eat by yourself. Erica is married to a third year medical student at Mayo. We met them through Bible Study when we were in Rochester.

It has been a whirlwind few weeks for me. I am sorry to those of you who I have not managed to return phone calls from. I have quite a list. With all of our company, the days have just run away from me. In addition to company, I am getting ready to travel to Chicago this weekend for my last baby shower for Isaac. Isaac, of course, is coming with me, while JB will hold down the fort, and the dog, for me while I am gone. I think John is really hopeful to get ahead on the yard, the bills, and a few other odds-and-ends while Isaac and I are out of town.

Pregnancy is going well. The second trimester is a gem! Besides some infrequent and rather intense heartburn, I am doing great. The nausea and fatigue that plagued me in trimester one are no longer a concern -- thank goodness. We hope that we'll be able to find out the sex of our little "lima bean" at the next appointment. We have a "tentative" first name for both a boy or a girl but nothing finalized -- and no middle names to speak of.

We are currently waiting for confirmation of the date we will go in for Isaac's final hearing. It is looking like it will be either September 3 or 4. We are planning on driving down to Fort Lauderdale for the event. JB will probably get a few extra days since it borders with Labor Day. And I will probably stay 1-2 weeks afterward since he starts nights soon after we get back. We'll see how things develop.

As far as company, we don't have anyone booked now until Thanksgiving. Can you believe it? We are hoping my Dad and Mom will be able to get here for Turkey-day since John will have to work and can't get away. My parents are considering returning for Christmas a month later since my advanced maternal state will prevent us from making a trip down south. The Air Force actually has a rule that if you travel within 6 weeks of your due date, and you go into labor, they will not pay for anything. So needless to say, we'll be hanging out on Eglin from the 6 week mark onward.

This would be the first time we have not spent Christmas with our families in Fort Lauderdale, ever. Time for new traditions I guess! I am actually looking forward to the opportunity to celebrate at our own house and sleep in our own beds for a change. I'm sure it will be more relaxing, even if a bit sad to not take part in the huge Kit. festivities.

Okay, need to take Deuce back home before Keenan comes over. I'm watching him today so Joia can go to our Moms-in-Motion class.

Hope this has been the start of a great week for everyone. It sure has for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, just so you know, i'm freakin PSYCHED you guys are having a (nother) kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope it's okay that i plan on visiting the first chance i have leave besides christmas. and be prepared for me to kick you guys out of the house so i can baby-sit. we planned on this years ago!