Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home again

Isaac and I are back on good ol' Eglin AFB!

Yesterday, after a stop at Babies-R-Us and McDonalds, my cousin Kathleen took Isaac and I to South Holland where we caught up with my Tante Jan. She was visiting at her mother-in-laws so it was a good half-way place for us to connect. I just have to thank Jason and Kathleen for taking such good care of Isaac and me on our trip. We had a wonderful time hanging out with them in Indiana.

After switching over to my Tante Jan's car, we headed to see my cousin Cara in Wheaton. Cara is Janet's oldest daughter. She now has two daughters of her own who are just precious. I'll go more into this visit later as I hope to get some pictures from Janet and/or Cara soon (hint-hint).

We then headed back to Ed & Janet's new house. What a great place. Ed cooked some hamburgers on the grill, and the four of us hung out for the evening. Isaac kept up his perfect vacation behavior by one again sleeping through the night. You go little guy! I have to say that he was a trooper on the trip. He just went with the flow and kept up his great disposition and go-with-the-flow attitude. It was great to spend some time with Ed & Jan, if only for a few hours! I'm so glad everyone got to meet Isaac.

Ed took me to O'Hare this morning. It was great traffic, and we made it in record time. It was another wonderful travel day for Isaac and me -- well, as wonderful as travelling can be. Our plane actually only had about a dozen people on board so I was able to get a bulk head seat and an extra seat for Isaac. I fed Isaac right before we boarded and within about three seconds of getting on the plane, the little guy fell asleep and slept until Jodi dropped us off at our house around 2pm.

Scrubs was very excited to see me, and I have to admit I missed him too. Thank you to Bobbie and her kids for keeping an eye on him while we were gone.

I've now completed about two hours of work and am not-so-patiently waiting for JB to get home from work. I'll post some more pictures from our visit with Ed & Jan when I get them.

Also I need to take a moment to tell Lee, Kristi, and their daughters Logan & Raylee congratulations on the arrival of their new brother: Ryan Hartley Hunt, named after her late-brother. We can't wait to meet the new little addition in October!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home. What happened to stopping by Rochester while you were up here? I had a room all ready for you.