Monday, December 31, 2018

We Bought a Farm: When it is 71 on December 31

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." Albert Camus

Today was the day before the world welcomed 2019. And one of the reasons I am so blessed to be celebrating this day in Tennessee is that winter can give you so many reprieves among these here parts. While some years we can be in the teens, today we celebrated at 71 degrees! Yes! 71!

So what do you do when it is 71?!

Well you eat your lunch outside by golly! (That's my friend Kelsey there with the kiddos!)
And you pull over when you see your neighbors sitting outside and  climb their tree!
And you climb up on Mr. Billy's lap and you laugh when your Mama asks him to smile and he says, "I can't here because I ain't got no teeth."


And of course you go out on the swings without any shoes on because it's summer in the winter!
 

No comments: