Saturday, December 29, 2018

Finally Meeting Andi

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis 

Over the twelve years I have known her online, Andi and I have hoped and thought about meeting many times. I had many friends online during my years of infertility, but only a few truly held up as our lives moved from infertility to parenthood. But Andi. Dear Andi. When we finally saw each other yesterday, there were tears in both of our eyes. A dozen years and six children later, here we were on my farm in TN with only about 18 hours notice. I thought about writing the story myself. But then I realized I would let my friend, Andi, pictured with me below, tell it for us: 




So that crazy spontaneous and quick trip to TN? It was to meet a very sweet friend I've know for about 12 years now. We met years ago on an online infertility group and we followed each other back when we both blogged. (She still does.) And then technology changed and we mostly kept up on FB and now IG.

This amazing lady and husband and FOUR kiddos are successfully living their life dream on a farm in TN. Which includes farm dogs to help with herding sheep and chickens. One of those little farm dogs is now ours. There's a story behind her, but I'll share that in a separate post. In the meantime I'm just basking in the surrealness of seeing all six of our miracle children just hanging out. The ultimate gift this weekend was not even just the pup, but being able to hug each other's necks in person!

Suffice it to say, one day with Wendi on the farm was just not enough, so we'll be back for another longer trip soon!

P.S. Tune in tomorrow to hear the full story of that little dog that finally brought Andi and I together in the Smokey Mountains. 

 

No comments: