Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Funnies



"The brief moment of terror when you are walking through the dark, early morning living room getting ready for work and you step on a doll but think it's one of your kids' heads who slept on the couch but somehow ended up on the floor." -- John Kitsteiner in actual big family life moment 


I love the inner spunk of Hannah that has just been with her since the womb. This morning, she and Abigail climbed up in bed and were snuggling with me when I suggested they go climb in the bathtub. Abigail said she was too scared to round the corner by herself in the dark and turn on the water. But the little sister said: "I'm scared too, but I can just be scared and still go and do it." I thought: this is my girl. She seems to understand life and how to overcome it and the nuances of relationships and facial expressions like no one else. She simply brings us (Hannah) Joy ... always. (And causes us to pull our hair out at the same time, of course!)



No comments: