Thursday, February 21, 2013

Adam and Eve -- Kit. Style

Time for breakfast. The boys scurried down the marble staircase ahead of me while I scooped Abigail out of her crib and followed only about thirty seconds behind.

Immediately, I noticed, upon entrance to the kitchen, something awry.

Both boys were sort of hiding, their mouths jam-packed with something. They were obviously trying to hide their guilt but, obviously, had no earthly idea how to do that.

At the every end I got to the bottom of it.

Me: "Isaac, where did you get that chocolate? Did you take it off the counter?"

Isaac: "I did not."

Me: "Then how did you get it?"

Isaac: "Sidge climbed up on the counter and got two down, and he gave one to me."

Me: "But you took it from Sidge?"

Isaac: "He told me to."

Me: "What do you think your punishment be?"

Isaac: "I think you should just let me play."

Me: "Sidge, is this true? Did you climb up on the counter?"

Sidge: "Yep."

Me: "Are you supposed to do that?"

Sidge: "Nope."

Me: "Why did you do it?"

Sidge: "To get chocolate."

Me: "So what should your punishment be?"

Sidge: "Just to go play. Next time I can get a punishment."

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL! Hilarious! How in the world did you stop yourself from laughing! You just made my day :)