Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Bible Study

Bible Study day! I realized I had these two white polos that had never been worn. Brand spankin' new! I don't often dress the boys identically but thought I would today. Not only did I dress them alike, but I managed to get a couple of good pictures as well:


Okay this isn't a good picture in the traditional sense of the word, but I love how you can kinda tell what was going on just by looking at this picture. There's Scrubs, getting in the way. Nothing new there. Then there's Elijah sitting where I placed him looking at me like I am crazy to ask him to sit in one place for such a long period of time. And then there's Isaac listening to me say: "Hey Isaac, c'mere. Let's say cheese," and debating whether or not he wants to join Elijah or run away and let me try to chase him.

So Isaac listens and I manage to snap this photo. Not too bad if I do say so myself. To get both boys looking at the camera at the same time? I mean that is a huge accomplishment. Can someone pat my back for me PLEASE?!

Then a few seconds later, I tried to get one of the boys standing up. This picture is so classic of my boys! There's Isaac, following directions exactly and wondering why Elijah can't do the same thing. Doesn't he look bored out of his mind?! Then my Elijah sees something flashing and gets excited and does his own thing! Love these little men!

And here's a little better attempt. Isaac is still standing miserably still. And Elijah has quit trying to grab the camera for a mere second.


Bible Study was wonderful as it always is. Such a breath of fresh air. I'm so enjoying this study on how to keep your mouth in check. I am especially blessed that the boys are in class together both for MOPs and for Bible Study and they have the same teacher (Ms. Dawn) both days as well. Apparently MOPs shuffled up the classrooms a bit last week but Dawn managed to secure my boys with her. I was so glad! I would have been very sad if they got a new teacher.

Isaac is now running into the door of his class each week. Elijah on the other hand gets a little closer to the door before melting down each week. Today he actually stayed in my arms and smiled at Ms. Dawn before starting to sob when I tried to hand him over. Man I hate that. The good thing is, he stops crying in a matter of seconds. Before I turn the corner actually.

What I really enjoy about Bible Study is the fact that there are women from so many walks of life. Single. Married. Young. Old. Kids. Grandkids. No kids. You name it. It's so important to remember that the world isn't where YOU are. Everyone is in a different place. We have 30 minutes of food and fellowship (man I love food) before breaking into small groups for 90 minutes and then coming back as a big group for a video.

One of the ladies came up to me during fellowship time. She said, "I saw you walking across the parking lot with your twin boys." Smile. I corrected her and suddenly I am talking to two women and sharing my story.

It's strange. For me, it is just a story. It doesn't seem unique or special even. It's just who we are. It's us. It's how God wrote it. But when I tell someone for the first time there is almost always goosebumps and tears. It's a reminder how amazing God is. Sometimes I get so used to our story that I forget what a miracle it is. A miracle times two.

In addition to going to Bible Study today, I also had the opportunity to learn three very important lessons which I thought I would share with everyone.
  1. Do not say to your oldest son: "Elijah is still asleep. I think we may need to wake him up to get to church on time," unless you really, really mean it at that exact moment. All of a sudden instead of hearing Elijah's noise maker on my monitor, I heard Isaac saying, "He's wake Mommy!" Uh, yeah, because you woke him up silly!
  2. Assume that if you lay down on the couch with your back to the living room, that your very smart dog will go sleep on the other couch. Unfortunately for dog, he thought I would sleep for more than 15 minutes. When I rolled over unexpectedly early, he jumped up and darted into his kennel knowing instantly he was caught!
  3. The tater tot meal makes for fantastic leftovers!

4 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Oh my goodness...the pictures of Isaac standing perfectly still like a statue crack me up!! So cute and funny! Loved the outfits, too. :-) My mom used to dress my brothers alike sometimes and I think it was adorable!

Joia said...

Great job with the pictures - the boys are sooo handsome in those outfits! =0)

Grama Di said...

Aw Wen.....so cute!

Judy Woodford said...

The pictures are great...good job Wendi.. pat pat = )