Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Did you know . . .

. . . that it only takes two minutes for two boys to totally tear apart a very clean room? I left both boys in the nursery for, I kid you not, less than two minutes. Went into the kitchen, put some food away, came back, and here is what I found. How in the world they got into this much stuff so quickly, I have no idea.


And now I know that Elijah can climb up onto the rocker.


He loves to climb up on things and then just sit there, observing what is going on, totally taking a break. Yesterday I couldn't find him and then found him in the kitchen, totally just lying down on Scrubs' bed (which is against the rules mind you). He sure knows how to relax.

And yes, I know he isn't wearing pants. Again. :)

4 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh girl...the pictures we have like this. I have one of E & B with our trash can dumped ALLLLL over the kitchen. They loved dumping all the toys out of the stacking shelves and playing in the empty shelving. Go figure! I finally gave in and just cleaned the family room ONCE a day. They were MUCH older before we had toys in their room. Even if I am shocked or angry I snap a pic b/c I know I will want it one day and that once the moment has passed it WILL be funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Seeing Elijah without pants reminds me of a quote from a movie (I think it's a quote from a movie), "Get some pants on that kid!" LOL. Hey, go with what works. Less laundry to do. And those chubby legs are so cute. :D

Just so you know, the mess in two minutes doesn't get better as they get older - trust me! I'll have spent a day in the boys' room reorganizing and I'll go in there at the end of the day and it doesn't look like I did a thing. Nothing is ever safe or clean for the next.......who knows how many years. If someone does know how many more years, please share! LOL

Bethany

Jess said...

Our kids do that all the time. To multiple rooms. My house is picked up precisely twice---naptime and bedtime. lol

Anonymous said...

It is incredible the destructive power these little people are capable of. I second only cleaning up at nap time and bedtime. Otherwise, you'll just go mad! My 10 month old can tear her room apart in about 2 minutes flat. We've nicknamed her "destructo!"

Jenny