Friday, February 05, 2010

Pajama Day

So I have absolutely no pictures to post from Kristi's first full day here yesterday. The reason? We decided to stay in our pajamas all day and other than a brief respite from the indoors with some play in the driveway, did not venture away from home.

Today, however, our adventures begin. I am taking Kris out for lunch and a pedicure while Joia watches the boys. This evening will make cupcakes for "Eli's" (as Kristi likes to call him) party tomorrow. And then after the party tomorrow, JB has given us the rest of the afternoon and evening off! We are hoping to hit the outlets, dinner, and a movie. (Blindside anyone?!)

The Lord has blessed me in my life with many friends. He also blessed me with a few friends who know me nearly as well as I know myself. Kristi is that friend. She was the only person, other than JB, who walked through my infertility journey with me intimately. She was the only person other than JB who I would talk to in the days following another negative result. I can talk to Kristi like I talk to my husband. I can talk uninhibited and unafraid of saying the wrong thing.

Kristi and I stopped and just stared at the boys at one point yesterday unable to believe that they are real. Unable to fathom the years we spent walking through that valley together. And where we are now.

While I don't have any new pictures to take, I did think I could share a picture of Kristi's three little cuties who are hanging out with Daddy and Grama back in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Here are Logan, Ryan, and Raylee.




I am also working on compiling my recipe list Round One winners. So if you want to post one, do it quick! I cannot BELIEVE the number of responses I have gotten. I was hoping for a few, maybe a dozen. Woah! (And Traci, I have NO idea which one is from you!) ;)

3 comments:

Brittny said...

Look at that grin on his face!!!!! That is awesome!!! She's got some cute kiddos. I'm so glad you are getting the chance to spend some time together. See you at the party! Oh, let me know if you need any decorating stuff. I've got some things you can borrow if you want.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous kids! Kristi, you are so blessed:)Have a great day, you two!
love ya,
mom k

Laurie said...

What a great post--I'm so sorry for all you went through. I went through it right along with you and wish I had had a friend like Kristi to share with. It has to be one of the most difficult and trying times to ever endure, especially for someone as impatient as I. I, too, look at my boys everyday and can't believe they're mine. It makes every unsuccessful IUI, negative result, treatment, shot in the butt, and trip to Nashville so worth it! I thank God everyday for them. I am so happy for you...nobody deserves it more! Your faith inspires me! You girls have fun! Love you both!