Monday, February 22, 2010

Story time at the Val-pee with Jo-knee

It was an early morning here. Both boys up at 5:15am. Not sure why. At 9:15 we headed out to the Valparaiso Public Library for Story time. It was a perfect activity since the weather was quite rainy this morning.

On our way home, Joan kept telling me what a great place that was to take pictures. I wasn't sure what she meant until I saw these photos. The colors are just awesome and the pictures are so vibrant. No wonder the kids like it there so much.

Take a look for yourself:



My friend Nancy's son Jack was there. Isn't he a cutey? He is sooo fast too! Not sure how Nancy keeps up with him. I thought Elijah was fast. Doesn't hold a candle to Jack. Another gal from MOPs was there with her little boy. So nice to see familiar faces.












"After a comes b and then c and then d. Got it little brother?"





"Joan. No time for pictures. Can't you see I'm busy picking out my book?"


Yes that is a Barbie Doll. I never even saw that while we were there.

When we got home, the weather had cleared up a bit. Time for some bikes and Frisbee. I got the Frisbee caught in the tree. Scrubs decided to try and jump and get it down. He was jumping for quite some time and got quite tuckered out. Here's a photo and a video of the event:


We didn't get many pictures of the boys, but Joni did capture a cute video of them on their bikes. Check it out:

After that, the boys went down for early naps. As a result, naps were over earlier than usual. So we headed out to the park. Joan forgot the battery to her camera. Man! No pictures of that. But just take it from me, we had a great time.

We finished the evening with Indian take-out and the movie Radio. Way fun! The only bad thing is that it is 11:45 right now. What am I still doing up?

In other good news, today is my third day in a row without a migraine. This is an amazing blessing as without medication, I was lucky to put two days back-to-back in recent weeks. Three days in a row is glorious. Please pray this continues for me. I've been taken off all medication while we try to get to the bottom of the headaches and so far, so good.

Have I told everyone how much I appreciate Joan? I am so blessed by her friendship and her role in the lives of my boys. She has been such an integral part of my life, and I just don't know what I would do this week without her. I know I could handle both boys by myself for a week, but it seems incredibly daunting. Love that gal!

2 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

So glad the migraines are gone- that is wonderful news! What great pictures! Can you email me the one of Jack?

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Love all these pics. We love Valp library. YOURS TRULY will be leading story time Tuesday! Hope to see you there! :)