Friday, February 19, 2010

Cheeseburger Bacon Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • Macaroni noodles (or whatever shape noodle you would like)
  • Bacon
  • Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Brown ground beef in skillet.

Directions: Drain. Cook noodles in pot of water. Once noodles are done, mix together the ground beef and noodles in a 9x13 pan. Add milk to noodle/beef mixture and stir. Sprinkle bacon bits over mixture (however much you would like) and cover with cheese (again, however much you like). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (or until cheese is melted).

Overall rating (graded on a 5 star scale):

  • Simplicity: 3
  • Taste: 3
  • Nutrition: 3

Total rating: 3 stars

Wendi's report: Joni actually made most of these as the kids were just kind of needy when I decided to start it. I know the rules are that I am supposed to make it, but it just fell through. Anyways, overall this was a very simple recipe. We used real bacon which made it a tad more complicated. If I did it in the future, I would mix the cheese into it. That would make it more "moist." I ended up putting extra cheese on mine and putting it in the microwave to melt it. Overall a decent dish but I think I would "spice it up" in the future -- add some peas or something. As for the kids, they did not try this. Elijah just didn't seem to be in the mood to eat. We are wondering if he just isn't feeling so hot or what. Isaac ate a HUGE lunch and therefore wasn't very interested in dinner. I do think the kids would like this if they tried it. I think it is a good meal for kiddos.

No comments: