Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Lady 'Topper family

I never met Cacie Pope. But it is true that anyone who plays "on the hill" is part of a small group -- a unique group. We consider ourselves a "family" -- each of us laying the groundwork for the ones that will follow.

Thank you Katie C. (a great friend of mine from WKU) for making me aware of Cacie's passing. Cacie passed away on Sunday after a lengthy battle with brain cancer. Please keep her and her family and her teammates (both past and present) in your prayers. In addition to this terrible news, Cacie's family also lost another daughter in a car accident not too long ago.

While I never met Cacie, articles like these really indicate that she was a special person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pain her family must be going thru after losing two of their children within eight months of each other is unimagineable. I feel so badly for them as well as the WKU team-who have lost a "sister" and friend. Thanks for mentioning this, Wen-makes me even more grateful for the lives of all my kids; life is so fragile. I'll be praying for her family for sure.
mom k