Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beef Burgandy

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 pounds beef stew meat
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • Burgundy (I used one soup can full)
  • 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
  • Linguine (or other noodles)
Directions: Put 1-2 lbs. of beef stew meat in the crock pot with 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, fill the empty cream of mushroom soup can with burgundy and pour that in the crock pot. Also include 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Let it all cook for the day in your crock pot and when you are ready to eat just boil a bag of wide noodles and toss together. It is so easy and so yummy.

Overall rating (graded on 5 star scale):
Simplicity: 4
Taste: 3
Nutrition: 3

Total rating: 3.25

Wendi's report: So this was VERY easy and VERY delicious. The only reason it scored low in taste was because neither of the boys wanted anything to do with it. I think it would be kid-friendly, just not really-little-kid-friendly. However, JB and I loved it and are excited about the leftovers it yielded (due to no kid involvement) for tomorrow. If you have older children, I think they would dig this. Easy, tasty, and not too bad for you either. How can you go wrong?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you liked the recipe. It is one of my favorites if I have company coming into town. It makes the house smell so good and it is always a big hit. I should have mentioned that I usually leave some plain noodles separate for the little kids to eat if they don't like it with the beef. My kids eat it with the beef, but they are slightly older than your kids. Enjoy the leftovers. I made it over the weekend for some company and enjoyed the leftovers myself tonight.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is a dumb question - but what is burgandy (the recipe calls for one soup can full)? Thanks...

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

There are no dumb questions in Wendi's cooking contest! Thus the reason for the contest! I am a dumby when it comes to cooking!

Burgandy is a wine. We actually used a different kind and when I get that info from JB, I'll post it.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Most wines in Europe are named for the region in which they are grown. So Burgandy wines are from the Burgandy area of France. In the rest of the world, wines are named for the grape that is used to make the wine. Burgandy wines in France usually use Pinot Noir grapes.

So, for example:
French Red Burgandy = Washington Pinot Noir

French White Burgandy = Australian Chardonnay

French Red Bordeaux = British Claret = Californian Cabernet Sauvignon (mostly, but in France Bordeaux may be mixed with other varieties of grapes like Merlot, Carbenet Franc, etc.)

French White Bordeaux = New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc


JB

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification! I'll definitely try this receipe ;-)