Thursday, February 25, 2010

Speaking at MOPs

So. Speaking. Yikes. I know I was a teacher once-upon-a-time but that was ... seven years ago. How the heck I stood in a room full of 17, 18, and 19 year olds and lectured, I have no earthly idea.

What was I thinking?!

The first year I taught was 1999. I was 21 I think. I remember I had a few 19 year old students.

It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about doing that again.

Next Tuesday I am going to be speaking again. The first time I've really gotten up in front of a group since I left teaching after five years in the trenches.

I'm going to be speaking to our MOPs group on adoption and infertility.

Your prayers would be so appreciated. I am excited for the opportunity to discuss how people on "the other side" can help those dealing with the pain and loss of infertility.

*****

In other bits of random news, today, JB is flying from Utah to New Orleans. Joan and I will be joining him on Saturday morning. We hope to go to the New Orleans Zoo on Saturday, drop Joni off at the airport (sad face) on Sunday morning, and then drive back to Base. I have Bible Study this morning. Tomorrow I have to drop Scrubs off at dog camp. Busy, busy, busy.

The days seem so long sometimes with two little boys, but the weeks and months just zip by!

9 comments:

Joy Z said...

SO glad you are getting the chance to do that! Before reading your blog, I had no earthly idea how deep the pain of infertility is and how I, as a mom of six could help my friends who struggle. I know I'm guilty of saying "the wrong thing" And it wasn't necessarily due to my lack of sensitivity, in fact, I tried to encourage my struggling friends. But, unless you hear specifically how certain phrases can be, how would I know? (you know, the whole, you can always adopt thing? guilty!) So I must say that your education for all of us who don't know is vital and very helpful! Thanks again Wendi for your writing, it is such a gift to me.

Anonymous said...

You were nervous when you taught us? Well I promise you that it didn't show! You are a natural! You will do great! I'll be praying for you.

Erica said...

You will do amazing!! I will be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes!

mom h said...

Hey Wen...do they tape your meetings? Gotcha covered special daughter!

Beth said...

Wendi, I'm sure you will do a great job! Your story is miraculous, and the work that God has done in your life because of it is even more special. Just speak from the heart and I know God will work through you to touch others.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are doing this for the MOPs mommies. I know you will do an amazing job! What is the date of your meeting so I can be sure to pray on that specific day as well?

On a completely separate note, can you pass a message onto Joanie for me? Tell her we booked the train and houseboat in Holland and ended up having to do Thurs. to Mon. Also, I didn't end up using her credit card. Well... not for that anyways. Mua ha ha ha.... Hope you ladies are having a great time. The Melting Pot, I'm so jealous!

Love,
Jenny

Jess said...

Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Wendi,
I ALWAYS thought you would be amazing at this:-)..I also secretly thought it would be great to have you come to speak at our MOPS too!
You will touch hearts:-)
Kathleen

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kathleen, if this goes well, maybe I could come speak at your MOPs too?

Joy: don't worry! Before I dealt with infertility ... I said the same things!

Jenny: Message passed along.

Emily: I was always nervous the first few days of school. Every year. Day to day, no. But going back? Terrifies me! How did I do that?

Mom: I am not sure -- I'll find out!