Saturday, October 03, 2009

Headed "home"

Well folks, tomorrow morning we are OUTTA HERE! JB is on nights so the boys and I are going to head down to Fort Lauderdale.


Scrubs is going to be headed to dog camp. We decided this would be a better arrangement for him and for us. My parents don't have a yard and Scrubs needs to romp. Taking him to the local dog park there will just be too hard with two boys now. And having to take him out on a leash and pick up his poop every time he goes at my parents would be a handful as well. He loves dog camp, and Jodi's dog Jackson will be there at the same time so they should have a ball.

The good news is -- I won't be making the ten hour drive by myself. I am going to drive to Jacksonville (Five hours ... about half way). My Mom is taking a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Jacksonville (I found one for a hundred bucks). She'll fly up and drive half the way back with me. Then, when we go back, she'll go halfway with me, I'll drop her in Jacksonville, and she'll take an hour flight back home.

JB has been awesome today! My wonderful husband went to the grocery store, got the van washed, cleaned it out, and has helped me get everything in it. He's helped me go through my lists and makes sure I have everything. He also got up with Elijah at 6:00am and let me sleep in. By the time I got up at 7:30, Elijah was back down for his morning nap and Isaac had just woken up.

He also diagnosed me with a sinus infection. I've been having some killer head pain that just won't go away. I've also just had a general feeling of not feeling well. Over the last few days it became apparent that a sinus infection it is. Hopefully the drugs I have to treat that will kick in fast.

Please pray for safe travels, happy boys, a good flight for my Mom, and fun times in Fort Lauderdale. I think some people think I am crazy for trying to do this trip with two little guys. However, we just couldn't figure out another way to do it. So ... here I go! My next post will be from South Florida. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Mom you have! I know you'll have a ball.
May the wind be at your back - I'll be praying for safe travels.
Love,
Aunt Linda

Kelli said...

Yay! You're back in my neck of the woods! We're actually in Cooper City, but that's pretty close! I'm glad you are able to spend some time with your family...your mom sounds wonderful!