Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Scuba dreams

Last night I dreamed that I failed my scuba diving class. I got a 60% which meant that I would have to take a six hour refresher course. I tried to explain to the instructor that I was only doing this for my husband. That he wanted to go to Mexico and dive together. That he wanted me to get certified. I explained that I tried as hard as I could. It didn't fly. Six hour refresher course or no certification. I started crying (in my dream). I also felt bad because I wrote some nasty message on one of my test answers saying something like: "If I didn't have to scuba dive every weekend, I could study more." And I guess that hurt the instructor's feelings. Anyways, I was so relieved when I woke up and realized that I actually was certified and didn't have to take any more classes or practice dives. Whew!

In other news, I know I am south Floridian at heart and that I grew up in the heat and that I love the heat overall but holy cow it is hot here. Today was 93 -- feels like 99. In October mind you! (If I had to be honest, I'd choose a Minnesota winter over this heat index.) I took the boys to Joan's for some pool time and lunch. It was incredibly difficult to get them in the car one by one when they were burning up seconds after being set down. I couldn't start the car because I needed the keys to lock the house. I need to get a new system figured out -- probably keeping the house key off of my car key ring. Was it always this hot here? Did I really grow up playing two sports in a gymnasium that had no air conditioning? Am I just getting old and forgetful about how hot it really is here. Yikes.

I'm also sad to report that I can't figure out how to download my photos onto my parent's computer. I know I did it last time I was here so hopefully I'll figure it out. Joan is hoping to send me some electronically so I will try to do a picture post when I get something to post. We had a wonderful time with Joan and Bri and my brother and Charleigh and two of Joan's friends that stopped by to see the boys.

As I write this I am holding a female baby on my lap. My boys are both napping, but my niece Charleigh is keeping me company. My brother met me at Joan's for lunch, and I drove all three babies back to my parents house. Man, is Charleigh light in comparison to my chubby bubs. (Although, side note: you shouldn't call your child "chubby butt" in front of your four-year-old nephew who then thinks it's an okay phrase to use!)

Off to try to get some rest myself before meeting the Kits at Ray and Gabbi's for dinner. I'll try to get pics soon everyone!

P.S. Isaac turns 17 months old today. One month away from a year and a half!

8 comments:

Joia said...

For the hot van situation... couldn't you put your stuff in the van, bring the boys out, lock the house, start the van,and then put the boys in?

Maybe I'm missing something, but surely Isaac can't run into the street while you're locking the door, right? =)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well Joia, good suggestion. Here's the thing. Isaac usually revolts if I go (out)"side" and leave him in. So I normally take him out with my first load of stuff. He's fine when he is IN the van. Then I go back in for a second load and Elijah. I think if I put the house key on a separate ring this would work?

Gabbs said...

Holy Cow! Did you just admit that you'd choose MN cold over South FL heat?

See, I've always told you the heat down here STINKS!! LOL

The Mac's House said...

Maybe what you need is a remote car starter.

Actually the separate key for the house is a great idea on either a keychain that you can put around your wrist or I like the clips. I clip keys to the side of my purse or pant loop, etc. to make it easier while carrying a baby in and out of the house.

Glad to hear that you're having a great time with the family.

MN over S. FL now that's funny.

I'm enjoying the Virginia weather, warm without being hot at all most days in the 70's and 80's. Loving this fall weather........

Katie Capps said...

Wendi -- a VALET key ring might be your answer. You can break the keys apart when you need to, but them put them right back together so you can keep from losing them :)

Rachel and Hans said...

A remote starter for the heat, huh? I always thought those were for -60 degree windchill days! :-)

Anonymous said...

I guess a remote starter would allow her to get the babies into the van with the A/C on while she locked the door.

nicole said...

Congrats on your scuba certification. That's so awesome!

However, I am utterly shocked that you would rather have a MN winter...In fact, I'm going to choose not to believe you :-)

You're welcome in Boston during the months of October-May anytime...