Thursday, October 08, 2009

God's Timing

"As we go through life, we come to understand more, when we grow closer to Him and become more focused on Him, that there are some things in life that we need to wait for. Why? Because God's timing is so different from ours. This doesn't mean that if we ask for something or are planning for something to happen in our lives and it doesn't come quickly or the way we thought it would, that God will never give it to us or bring it our way. God's ways and timing are always different from ours. He knows our wants and desires, but He also knows when it's best to give to us.We must mature in believing that God will give us what we need and bring answers to prayer at the perfect time. He will always work in perfect timing. We cannot understand that at all! That's because we are humans and we aren't perfect. God works in ways we cannot see. He's working right now, at this very moment, in your life and around you. You'll be so amazed at how He works through you and gives to you when you least expect it.If we wait on the Lord and be strong and take heart that He knows what He's doing, He will really surprise you and amaze you with His perfect timing and wonderful plans! Trust in God and wait on Him!" ~Zach Wood

I read this quote above on a blog I have been following about a family that lives in our area. Their unborn son has Trisomy 13. They are trying to decide when to induce his birth as his condition is worsening and they are wanting him to be born alive.

How many of us need to be reminded, in whatever season we are currently dealing with in our life, that we must wait on the Lord?

How many of us have grown frustrated from waiting?

I often said, during our five years of infertility, that if I could just look ahead. If God would just show me how the story would end, I could get through the difficulties at present. If I knew that we would or wouldn't have children. If I knew if we would or wouldn't adopt. If I knew how it would end, I could live through the present.

But God didn't show me the end. I had to live in the moment.

JB and I try not to guess what the Lord was thinking. We don't propose to know as good as God. However, what I do know is that the Lord's timing brought us Isaac. I often wonder ... if any of our treatments had worked, would Bri have even thought of us? Would we have even considered saying yes? If any of our previous treatments had worked, Elijah would not be here. Elijah is here because of the exact month that he was conceived. He was not one of the embryos we lost. He was his own person.

While waiting was incredibly frustrating, the Lord did eventually show himself.

I pray that whatever you are waiting for, you are able to know that the Lord's plan will be perfect for your life.

6 comments:

ErieContrary said...

Good blog, Wendi! Thanks! :)

Kim said...

Thanks for the reminder tonight. I needed it. It's hard to remember it's not always about what we WANT.

Family W said...

This was an awesome post and I loved that quote. God is indeed good to us in that He knows best and waits.... for our good. And for His glory. I believe if He showed us the end before it got here, in a lot of ways we may be glad by what we see, but in a lot of ways our hearts would fail us and we would become fearful. His grace is for the moment, for one step and then the next....

Thanks so much for sharing this. It was a huge encouragement to me.

God bless,
Lynn Wilson

Kelli said...

It's hard to accept the truth in those words in the midst of pain and struggles. But when I really stop to think of the magnitude of God's power and His love for me, I know it must be true. Thanks for the reminder, Wendi...I needed it today.

Joy Z said...

Excellent Wendi! That was the same thing that I thought during the time that Vic and I were separated - if only I knew how it would turn out, then I could have strength to face this. But, then my hope would've been in Vic or my marriage or security for the future and not in God alone.

TAV said...

thank you, wendi. i must remember to wait with faith :)