Monday, October 20, 2008

Now onto Saturday and Sunday

On Saturday afternoon, JB's conference concluded with a test. We then took off for the 5-6 hour drive to Boulder, Colorado.

Isaac ate right before we left and then fell asleep for nearly three hours as soon as we took off. Somehow, I was able to hold my bladder for three hours which meant we made it all the way to Vail before we needed a pit stop. We decided that sine we were making such good time, we should get off the highway and drive into Vail a bit. We found an awesome little "ski town" which was preparing for the big season. We took some time to have some coffee / cider, change and feed Isaac, and allow me to do some walking around (a requirement for pregnant women on long trips I have been told on many occasions by my doctor of a husband.)

Here are some photos from our stop in Vail, Colorado:

I just love this photo of my two boys goofing off for the camera.

Another cute one of my guys with JB back to his non-goofy self!

There were dogs everywhere, much to Isaac's delight. This one hung out in the window of this store. It took a lot of time to get this photo . . .


Since Isaac mostly wanted to look at the dog and not at the camera!


These benches had blankets laid there for you in case it got cold. What an upscale place! JB and I were quite under-dressed without boots or furs on or an upscale dog to walk on a leash.


The quaint little Vail town.

We finally arrived in Boulder around 7pm. It was a GORGEOUS drive, but we were excited to get out of the car and be able to see Kelsey!

Kelsey is a great friend of our's from Minnesota. She is also a devout Catholic. We therefore asked her to be Isaac's Godmother when he was born -- Godmother in the traditional sense that she will pray and guide Isaac in following Christ. Of course, Kelsey believes this means Isaac is destined to be a priest. We don't agree, but we let her believe we are considering it! :)

Here is Isaac in his new pajamas and rosary, both gifts from Kelsey. JB joked that he really DID look like a priest-in-training in this outfit. How cute!


A kiss from Kelsey.

Kelsey took us to a wonderful Mediterranean restaurant in the heart of Boulder for dinner on Saturday night. Then the next morning she made us breakfast before we headed back to good ol' Eglin. It was so wonderful to see Kelsey if only for a short time. Kelsey and I often joke that we are twin sisters lost at birth. I am so proud of my little sister! She is utterly devoted to the Lord and following Him. It is so exciting to watch.

Isaac woke up very cranky on Sunday morning. We couldn't figure out why but guessed he had a temperature. I had some Tylenol with me, thank goodness, as that seemed to bring him tremendous comfort and rest. Sure enough when we got back home on Sunday evening and took his temperature, the little guy was pushing 103! That being the case he was an amazing trooper for our trip home. He slept on both flights but was not his normal giggly, smiley self at all throughout the day.

One funny story was that after our first flight, the stewardess came up to us and told us that while JB was holding Isaac on his lap, all the flight attendants came to smile at Isaac and couldn't get his attention. He was just staring up at the ceiling. They realized he was staring at the TV (which was playing a cartoon). However, what was so funny is that she said it looked like Isaac was trying to "sneak" in his TV watching without letting Dad and Mom know. Being as we don't let him watch TV regularly, this was probably true! I can just imagine our little guy watching away while Dad and Mom were knocked out in their seats. What a sneak!

Another interesting story was that during the twenty minutes we had in Atlanta, (that was a fast run!) a woman approached me while I was waiting for JB to retrieve our gate-checked stroller. She asked me if my name was Wendi and then told me that she knows Joan, Bri, and Lucy (Joan's great friend!) and that she reads my blog. She told me her name, but during our sprint to our next gate, I remembered I forgot it. If she reads this, could she put a comment and remind me? I think it began with an "R" and I want to say "Rosemary" but I am worried that is wrong. I'm sorry I am so bad with names! Anyways she said she saw me, Isaac, and my belly, and knew I had to be the Wendi from the blog. What a small world. :)

What a wonderful trip we have had, but how glad we are to be back home and back in our routine. It's about time! I realized that we have taken SEVEN trips since Isaac has been born. We went to Ft. Lauderdale three times, Chicago, Minnesota, and now this trip west. We also took the weekend drive to Amelia Island. If you count my trip Atlanta, that's EIGHT trips for me. All of this in FIVE months. I have decided that I am grounding myself until at least next spring. I am not going anywhere or taking Isaac anywhere either. It's time to be at home.

Home sweet home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see these pics! I loved seeing you all and can't wait until next time (spring anyone?!).

Love, love, love,
kels

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe. Hope Isaac is feeling better. Cute pictures:) Great story about meeting a "blogging friend" in the airport!!
get some rest:)
love ya, mom k

RoseAne said...

I am the "woman" in the airport! You were close to knowing my name: it is RoseAne. I can't beleive how small the world was that day, we were waiting for our flight back to Ft. Lauderdale after spending our honeymoon in TN to see you waiting by the counter. I am glad that I walked up to you, I feel I know you and your family by reading your blog. Wanted to say you look beatiful and Isaac was a really happy baby after your flight. Thanks for sharing your story with us in cyberworld.