Saturday, October 04, 2008

Back in good ol' Lauderdale!

We have arrived! It was a blessing that JB managed SIX straight hours of sleep on his night rotation last night as our little Isaac who hasn't woken up during the night in, well, probably two straight months, decided to wake up at 4am this morning. I didn't go and get him. I just let him jabber to himself. But the hour of jabbering on the monitor really mean that I didn't go back to sleep before I had to get up and start getting things ready at 6am. So the fact that we both got decent but not great sleep was helpful for a long day of driving.

I took Scrubs for a quick play with Deuce this morning to wear him out before loading him in a kennel for ten hours. All my boys (JB, Scrubs, Isaac, and the baby-we-think-we-may-have-a-name-for) did very well on the trip. Mom (that's me!) also did well and was actually not nearly as uncomfortable in the car as she thought she might be.

After hitting the road at 9am Ft. Lauderdale time, we made it by about 7pm. Ten hours. Not too shabby. My parents were at a birthday party and JB's family were exhausted after a long day of work, so we just got ourselves situated here at my parents', ate some great dinner my mom had waiting for us in the oven (how awesome is that?) and decompressed from our drive.

We are hoping Tuesday takes awhile to get here. We are not ready for that drive back!

1 comment:

Jules said...

That is definitely a long drive but it is going to be totally worth it :)