Thursday, October 09, 2008

Night out on the town


Our weekly care group meeting decided to have a "Date Night" for couples. Awesome Joia took Isaac for us so that we could go to dinner at Panera Bread and then to a movie: Fireproof. One of the gals from our Care Group (Kendra) was babysitting for the kids, but she had four of them, and I didn't want to add a baby to that group and totally swamp her for five hours. So, Joia to the rescue!

Leave it to Joia to take some photos of the evening. I've included one of my favorites, but to see the rest, you'll have to jump over to her Happy Wednesday post from the Emerald Coast. She even includes some proof that our little boy is starting to hold his own bottle!

As for our evening out, it was a wonderful little getaway. I haven't been to Panera in quite some time, and I always enjoy the company of the couples in our Care Group. What great people! The movie was a Christian movie, and despite being a low budget film with some questionable acting (minus Kirk Cameron who was by far the best actor in the film), was actually an entertaining and uplifting film. I'd tell you to "wait for it on video" but I do think it is important that we support these morally sound films -- so go out and see it! If you know anyone with marital problems, they should especially go and see it.

I've also made the decision that movie theatres are not a place for me to visit often during the last few months of my pregnancy. I was quite uncomfortable throughout the film. People keep asking me how I am feeling. I really am feeling good. I am on a medicine two times a day that has helped incredibly with the heartburn and indigestion that was plaguing me. I go for a 2.5 mile walk everyday, and am sleeping pretty soundly. However, I do get a bit uncomfortable when sitting for long periods of time. My desk chair, the movie theatre, church, bleachers, etc. are all pretty much an uncomfortable activity for my lower back. So maybe we'll stick to Netflix until our new little guy makes his debut.

Speaking of new little guy, we have confirmed a name! I don't plan to reveal it via blog quite yet as I want to be able to tell a few more people in person. But he has no longer just a lima bean! Hurrah!

Off to pack for our trip. We leave Saturday morning for New Mexico! Lots to do. I can't wait to see Kristi and her brood!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Awwww come on! You can't leave us in suspense like this!!

Anonymous said...

OH I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!