Friday, October 03, 2008

Isaac's Journal

Hey everybody! It's me. Baby Isaac. It's been awhile since I have written in my journal so I thought I would take some time to catch everyone up.

Tomorrow we are leaving on another trip. I know what you are thinking! Man you guys travel a lot! I agree. In my short life I have already been on a plane to Minnesota and to Illinois. I have also taken a road trip to Amelia Island and Fort Lauderdale. I think that's a lot for someone who is almost five months old. I'll be five months in just a few days. Can you believe it?

So what is going on in my life? Well, let's see. Some of my favorite things are sitting in my blue cushy seat. (And no, silly Rachel, they don't make those for grown-ups! Only Babies!) I mostly like to sit in this seat when I am eating dinner with my parents or watching my fishies in the fish tank or helping my Daddy in the kitchen. I am starting to like my exersaucer. And my toy gym is always popular. But of course, my two favorite things in the whole world are walking in my stroller or sitting in my swing. Life doesn't get much better than that! I also like riding in the car. Sometimes I cry when I am being strapped in, but as soon as the engine starts, I am really happy. It's a great time for a nap too.

My least favorite thing is tummy time. I hate being on my tummy. I haven't rolled over yet. My doctor says this is due to my fatness (okay, so I am a little bit overweight) and my content-nature. I'm usually happy so why roll over? But now that I think of it, I am not happy on my stomach. So maybe I'll think a little bit more seriously about that whole rolling over thing.

Another thing I love -- watching Scrubby. He is such a crazy puppy. He likes to lick me a little bit too much. But I see them coming and I squint my eyes before he can get me. I also like to watch Scrubs wrestle with his best friend Deuce at the bay every morning. That is really fun too. Except when the bugs are out. Those little gnats bug me sometimes.

I'm eating rice cereal now. It's good. I eat really well. I hear Daddy say it is almost time to try me on some baby food. Daddy said he is going to make some of this himself. Mommy says, "More power to you." I don't think Mommy likes to cook very much. Actually I don't think she likes to cook at all. Except waffles. I see her make waffles sometimes. Oh and grilled cheese too. But I think that's it.

I also lovvveeee when my Daddy gets home in the evening. We make grunting noises at each other and do karate and I rub his whiskers. He's a great Daddy. I like my Mommy too, but I see her a lot. When Daddy comes home, I just want to see him. That's the best part of road trips. Mommy and me get Daddy all to ourselves for a couple of days. I love that!

This road trip is extra special because on Monday morning, we are going to see a guy in a big black gown, and he is going to make me a Kit. forever! I mean, we all knew it was forever, but this guy will sign the papers that say that I get to live with these cool people forever. I'm so thankful to my birth parents for giving me such a great home and giving me to parents who like to kiss me and hug me a lot. I can't wait for Monday!

Okay, well, it's getting late and I'm getting tired. I don't type as fast as Mommy so this takes me a little bit longer than it would take her. (She's a fast typer.) I'll make sure Mommy posts some pictures from this weekend so that you can see me with all my family and with the judge and with my new birth certificate. That's going to be sooo cool.

See you later alligators!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac! Grampa Coach and Gramma Di are really excited to see you again! We are getting everything ready in your room. Hey, lets see if we can work on getting your to roll over while you are here ok? It will be our secret to work on!!
Love you. Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you,little guy and your mommy and daddy, too! Have a great car ride-hope you can see lots of pretty clouds along the way:) We'll see you soon,
grandma k

Amy T. S. said...

Isaac, tell your dad to remember his socks when you go to see the judge. Otherwise you'll have to stop at Kohl's on the way to buy some.

Gabbs said...

I can't wait to see all three of you (well it is three, right? Scrubs is staying home, isn't he? I thought he was.) Well, all three OR four of you, depending on if Scrubs is coming or not. See you soon, baboon!

Anonymous said...

so, little guy, i just finished browsing through some of your pics up on the blog, and you are SO CUTE and SO CHUNKY! (and I mean that in the most loving possible way). . .chunky babies are the best, and you, my little friend, are one of the best I've seen in awhile!! SO CUTE!!!! :) Your mommy and daddy must be proud! :)