Friday, October 19, 2007

More bucket head

I nearly broke down and cried at the vet -- honestly. She told me that we needed to keep his stupid cone on for a few more days. When I told her that it was nearly impossible to keep him so tied down, she told me that he could now go for walks. She also gave me a different type of collar. It was cloth! Are you crazy?! Did she not see the contraption he came in wearing? You think a cloth collar will keep him out of his stitches?!?! Seriously, these vets must deal with the most lethargic, relaxed dogs ever. Have they not met Scrubs?

JB and I, however, had had enough of the cone and JB rigged some sort of sock contraption that appears to be working and will hopefully let the sores heal some more.

Sorry for all the posts about the dog -- seriously. But it has been all-consuming and just absolutely the longest week EVER! Watching an animal's every move when he can't play, can't exercise, and can't really eat or drink without confusion while working full-time will exhaust you. And add to that the fact that he has to sleep in his room and can't ever be kennelled, and I think you feel my pain. I hope you feel my pain. DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN?!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I FEEL IT!!!!!! LOUD AND CLEAR!!!! It must truely be awful to see your sweet little dog so so tortured!!!!That is shear misery for a dog like Scrubs...hope he does not need a doggy psychiatrist after this??!!

Rachel and Hans said...

i'm sorry, wendi! hope your day is a better one. i also hope that rain stops for you. we have had a lot of rain up here, too. not flooding, but just constant rain. i feel like we moved to seattle. today is beautiful, though.

Anonymous said...

Maybe now would be a good time to shout out Ngoi 'itu'uduku ge'ena!!
Seriously, I hope you have a calm, relaxing, restful weekend.