Sunday, October 21, 2007

Beeee-utiful weekend!

What an amazing weekend! It is 72 right now, and it has been low as upper 50's overnight. We've had our windows open and have just enjoyed hanging out in the yard and going on long walks. I took Scrubs on two file mile walks this weekend all the way to the other side of base. It just felt so wonderful outside and was a great way to distract him from wanting to eat his feet.

JB has been working really hard on the yard. Our grass is still stinkola, but take a look at this beautiful flowerbed.




JB has also been working out on our back porch. He has turned it into a little greenhouse of sorts. He made these tables and is busy working on these herbal planters. It is so wonderful that he has some time at home to do some things he enjoys. This picture also cracks me up because it is about two seconds before Scrubs chucked up the pair of socks. My mom wanted to see a picture of him wearing socks (which you can see if you look closely). But you can also tell that he doesn't feel well and is contemplating a big throw-up. :) I'm sure you are glad I shared that.

I also wanted to recommend a fantastic movie that we watched last night: Sweet Land. This was just a wonderfully clean love story that I think everyone would love. I especially thought of you Tante Jan. I think you guys would love love this one!

We also got Indian food last night. There is an Indian restaurant that just opened up in town. It's the first and only one, and it was actually started by a physician on base who was frustrated that there weren't any Indian restaurants. They had a very limited menu since it just opened -- two of the three dishes were fantastic. The other one I didn't care for as much. They are still working out the kinks and aren't far from our house so this is exciting.

Scrubs is currently going sockless and coneless so I am hoping that by tomorrow our lives can return to normal. I am sure this weather is making everyone we know jealous -- those in Minnesota who are currently a bit chilly (although 61 isn't too bad) and those in Fort Lauderdale who are still burning up. 85!? Yuck! (Okay, now go ahead and comment about how I have it all wrong. Weather will be a continual debate on this blog.)

Also, as a final tid-bit, please remember our future family in your prayers during the upcoming week. There's been a bit of a "glitch" in our China adoption. Our agency is currently working with the China agency to see if they can get this figured out, but it could mean a delay. We are just trusting the Lord that this isn't the case. But extra prayers would be appreciated. As I mentioned, there is a lot going on with us and our adoption "stuff", and I can't get into it in detail on the blog. So please just take this as an "unspoken" need for prayer!

Enjoy your weekend -- wherever you may be and however cold (or hot) you may be!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows the pictures of the flower bed do not do it justice. John did a great job and it is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wen,
i am going to get that movie for when Oom Ed gets back-thanks! if it's out? (Did you see it at the theatre or on video?)....
by the way it seems we're having similar weather! It is so unbelievably gorgeous here -yet quilt nites...wonder if you're having the leaves change there :)?
xo you know you are in my prayers!

Amy T. S. said...

Just put your rec on my Netflix queue!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see that your new lives are coming along well (in spite of the challenges you all are facing). The flower bed, the dog, the house, the herbs - all just so quaint I could cry a little puddle of joyful tears. I hope that I am as fortunate you you in my married life Wendi. What an inspiration!

Lots of love from way over here...

Anonymous said...

Is that German Sage in that little Oasis? Very nice job John.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you take a picture of the socks after Scrubs hacked them up?

That almost sounded like something Josh would write.

The Ray Family said...

Nice job on the landscape JB. It looks a lot better. Did you just put top soil on top of the sand?