Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Scary yards

I'm all for being festive and celebrating the season but can't we celebrate fall with pumpkins and scarecrows and not scary goblins and graveyards? I've never seen decorating like the decorating going on here on base. One lady has fifteen tomb stones with humorous epitaphs like, "I told you I was sick" "Here lies Barry M. Deep".

Unfortunately, while her young daughter was petting Scrubs, Scrubs starting chewing on one of the skeleton hands sticking up through the ground! "Bad Scrubs! Don't eat the fake dead person's hand!" It's all very spooky to me and makes me not want to walk around at night.

But while we are at it: anyone have a humorous tombstone epitaph to share? (Something like: "Here lies the atheist. All dressed up and nowhere to go") (But you can't use that one. I already claimed it.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No humorous epitaphs, but I share your feelings about scary lawn decorations... never have liked them, eeww! I'm surprised, I haven't really noticed Any decorating going on in our neighborhood, but if it means no scariness, that's fine with me...

Amy T. S. said...

My Halloween decorations are dead plants all all over the front of the house. Skeleton plants that haven't been watered in 6 years.

Anonymous said...

Here lies Ann Mann,
Who lived an old maid
But died an old Mann.
Dec. 8, 1767

Here lies
Johnny Yeast
Pardon me
For not rising.


John Penny's epitaph in the
Wimborne, England, cemetery:
Reader if cash thou art
In want of any,
Dig 4 feet deep
And thou wilt find a Penny.

TAV said...

good ones, anonymous!! :)