Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Straight through the night!

We've grown so tired of Scrubs' early mornings. He sleeps okay until about 3am, wakes up to go to the bathroom, and then has been barking from nearly 4am until we get up at 5:30. Last night, JB made the executive decision to make Scrubs a bed in our bedroom. His kennel is pretty large but after a long evening, he thought maybe Scrubs just needed more room. So, we did it, and low and behold the dog didn't make a peep until the alarm clock went off at 5:30am! In fact, he didn't even get up to go to the bathroom at all. So, there you go. While we refuse to budge and let him sleep IN our bed (and good for us, it is too high for Scrubs to get up on anyways right now), we have acquiesced and allowed him in the room.

I met our friend Heather at the dog park at 10am this morning for a mid-morning break from work. Scrubs LOVES going there. He plays SO hard and just loves playing with the other dogs. He's been sleeping ever since next to me at my desk. He's turning into a very good dog.

I'm excited about Halloween! Not really Halloween itself because I think celebrating this holiday isn't at the top of my list. But I'm excited that for the first time, we might actually get some kids coming to our house. We still live on a pretty empty street so we'll see how many come and visit us. If not a lot are coming, I'll just take a walk to see all the kids.

We bought some candy last night. I purposely waited until the last day so to avoid the temptation staring me in the face all week. How do you decide how much candy to have? I have no idea how many kids will be by.

I actually made the decision to get mini granola bars instead as this seemed healthier but JB nixed that idea calling it "Cruel" to throw health foods in their baskets. Well, he's the doctor, so okay, candy bars it is!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Wow, what a switch of roles there, I can't believe YOU were thinking of not getting chocolate, and HE didn't want you to put healthy stuff out! =)
The moms probably would have Loved you guys for putting something healthy in!

Rachel and Hans said...

oh man...you should have heard this radio show i listened to while working out this morning. all about a congressman from MN who wants to put a bill in the legislature that makes it illegal to give kids candy at halloween. he was totally convinced that the nation's obesity problem stemmed from giving kids candy at halloween.
i'm all for healthy eating, but this guy was NUTS!

p.s. even here at school, the candy is flowing generously, so if the dental school can do it...you can too!

Tara said...

I think you did the right thing bringing him into your room. Our two are in our room, as well, but not on our bed (usually...). I think we started letting them do that much later than Scrubs, but then they had each other...

And good call about the candy. I can't believe how many moms I hear of that throw away most of their kids' candy...um, what?? Give it to those of us with no trick-or-treaters!! :)

Anonymous said...

I still want to go Trick or treating for the candy and i'm 50! Granola Bars!?!?!?
okay so we have a new kitty and Ed's been wanting her to sleep in our room cuz she misses her mom and crieds and i've said "no"!! no animals in my bedroom! now i'm feeling a bit guilty --i'm not sure he worried this much about Cara crying when she was a baby -in fact i distinctly remember him making me take a walk around the block insisting she'd be asleep when i got back since she wouldn't sleep with me rocking her -he was right ...so hmmmm...is this mid-life -the kids are gone, time to make up for being too strict with your kids by spoiling a kitten!?
smart dog!

Anonymous said...

I buy candy, but no chocolate until the day before Halloween. I can easily turn down "Nerds" and "Mike n Ike's", but "Milky Way" - No way! Also, my kids like getting things other than candy, like little bags of pretzels, PB crackers. I've even seen miniature popcorn bags - they love it! They get so much chocolate because all the adults want that to munch on while they're handing out candy :). But, truthfully, the kids want the fun candy & gum.

Anonymous said...

I admit that I stopped reading the blog after the part where you state how Scrubs barks from 4am to 5:30 am. This is not copesetic with my vacation sleeping schedule!!!!!