Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Put a fork in me

I'm done. The grant is done. We are all done.

We didn't make the 2pm deadline. Instead, we had it out by the time the workday was done -- 5pm. This was still good but left me stressed out longer than I hoped. My boss asked me at 1:30pm if I had had lunch yet. No sirree, and I didn't plan to until the grant was out the door. I ended up giving up around 3pm and heating up some pizza.

JB had to come home in the middle of the day. It's a long story, but needless to say, I followed the vet's advice and took off Scrub's bandages and coated his stitches with deodorant. I had called to see if we could bring him in early because we were going batty trying to entertain a non-exercised Dalmatian who wanted only to get his e-collar and bandages off.

Apparently dogs hate deodorant and they thought that would work and get him to stop ripping at his e-collar. It did not work. Scrubs appeared to like deodorant or not mind it enough to stop from trying to pick at the stitches. JB was not pleased with me for taking off the bandages (which I couldn't put back on myself since I can't feed him peanut butter while bandaging him which is what is required), but after running to the store to get some more tape, simply presented me with a 3-Musketeers bar and didn't say another word. (Is he great or what!?) I definitely deserved someone getting mad at me, but he recognized that I knew I was a moron for this decision, and left it at that.

I'd prefer not to talk any more about the grant or about our dog -- both of which are royally stressing me out. I'd prefer to just move and focus on nice things ...

Like the beautiful flower bed JB put in the front yard this last week. Gorgeous!

Or the beautiful weather here. Cool, pleasant temperatures. Wonderful!

And the wonderful husband I have who wins husband of they year for his work around our home this past week trying to keep things moving while his wife penned herself up in her office for ghastly amounts of time and their dog tried to rip his stitches out of his feet. Whatta guy!

Time to relax ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing! Whew! The light at the end of the tunnel is here! You should relax and eat something huge and chocolatey! (The Three Musketeers bar doesn't count).

AW said...

Whew! So glad you have some relief today. Enjoy yourself! As for a husband that brings home chocolate without being asked - what a keeper!