Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dr. Dr. -- Mr. M.D.

It's official!!!! JB is a doctor!


Okay, I jumped straight to the degree. But how could I help myself?! My husband is now a doctor. Let me back up a bit. Here is me and my mom before the ceremony. How skinny is my mom!?!?


Right before the ceremony, I got to sneak a quick picture with John. How cool is this gown? Notice the absence of anything around his neck.



A quick shot before the ceremony of soon to be Dr. Itty, Stroud, Jones, Jones, and Kit.


The pictures during the ceremony were pretty dark, but here is a group shot. This is actually a picture of the three groups who graduate together: the MDs (JB's class), the PhDs (doctors but not physicians), and the Masters students. There were also a few brave souls who graduated with an MD/PhD (7 years!!!)

Unfortunately, the pictures during the ceremony were pretty dark. So here is my first photo with JB after the ceremony. Notice the "hood" draping his neck. Doctors actually get "hooded" when they graduate. How cool is that?

Here he is! Dr. Kit!


Here is JB with my family.

The very proud in-laws



The very proud Kit family


We decided I should hold the diploma too as I think I worked sort of hard these last 4 years as well! Whew -- so glad I passed the boards.


All in attendance with the doctor

Kristen and myself. Kristen threw an AMAZING picnic after the ceremony. More pictures of that later!

JB pretending to be shorter than Rob.

After the graduation ceremony, there was an AMAZING reception in the Gonda Atrium. Here is Dr. Kit. and Dr. Itty.


Dr. Kit. and Dr. Arness

3 comments:

The Adekolas said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys. Dr. & Mrs Kitsteiner, how cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!!!! What a wonderful day for such a great accomplishment!!!
- Cassi O.

Gabbs said...

How cool is that that my neighbor's brother's sister's father's uncle's cousin's friend's mother's neighbor is a doctor now? Wow, I can hardly contain myself.....lol.

Way to go John (who for those of you don't know, is really my brother-in-law and not all that non-sense I wrote above)!!

We're so proud of you!!!