Sunday, May 27, 2007

My husband now lives in Florida

JB and Ron arrived at Eglin Air Force base around 3pm yesterday afternoon. There were a few glitches primarily surounding our dear little bird. The hotel wouldn't allow the bird to stay, and the bird's regular cage stored in the back of the truck had been smashed to smitherines by a bike. So, JB called the "pet sitter" I had arranged months ago. She agreed to take the bird early and JB agreed to buy a new cage at the pet store. All this for an animal that doesn't even weigh a pound! Oh well.

Anyways, he tells me that last night they want and got sushi at Harbor Docks. This is where I connected with my friend Jenny when we were down there visiting last summer. It's a great restaurant on the water and, apparently, it was the best sushi either of them had ever had. I think Ronnie is loving Destin as much as we loved it.

I, on the other hand, am just tying up loose ends and also recovering from an incredibly busy few months. Yesterday I put a half day at RLS in. Today I put a half day in at Mayo. Last night I also slept nearly ten hours! I haven't slept more than five in quite some time. How great did that feel? I also finally broke into the old episodes of Survivor that Ray and Gabbi taped for me while we were in Africa. It felt amazing to just sit and watch TV (with their cat trying to lounge on my face again). I also took Ebby out for dinner at Applebees. It was a "thank-you" gift for their help with JB's graduation. What a great set of friends the Rays are.

Ebby and I are now going to do a few things at the condo before turning it over to the renters. Just a few more days before I am "officially" a Floridian again. I think I am ready!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is Ron goning to drive all the way back? or is he flying!
it might seem stupid question but somehow i can't picture Ron driving alone!
Happy to read all the interesting events in your life lately! I wish I was there to say goodbye! that was such a disappintment!

Anonymous said...

Bara: Are you going to visit Wendi and John in Florida? We are still hoping to meet you!

Anonymous said...

well, the answer is yes! but let's hope none of my dear pigs get sick on that weekend! that drvoe me crazy! simple flu screw all my plans! thanks for shwoing interest! it means a lot!

Anonymous said...

This may be a dumb question but do you actually have to work with pigs Bara?!?!
Having lived in Indonesia i can't imagine how awful that must feel/be for you!?
Tante Jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Nope, Ron is flying back. Trucks are usually one-way. They'll leave it in Florida.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

And yes, we are counting on a visit from Bara!