Friday, May 25, 2007

Home is where the heart is

I wish you could see me know.

I'm perched on the counter in our empty condo, my black ballet shoes dangling over the edge, typing on our laptop. It's sort of funny if you think about it. We still have wireless and still have a computer even though we don't have anything else in the place.

The condo is empty. We finished the place late last night. Getting ready for the renters included a multitude of tasks and since JB and Ron left early this morning, those tasks had to be done before they left. The carpet cleaners come today, and there are still a few other tasks I need to complete before Monday, but basically the place is ready to go.

In addition to our moving help, we would not have survived yesterday without David J. who painted the baseboards in every bedroom. Lesley helped feed us. Tara helped complete a few tasks that only a true friend would agree to: the refrigerator and bathtub cleaning, which just, coincidentally happen to be my least favorite and therefore the last to get done. Ron Ray was an All-Star doing touch-up work, fire alarm hanging, and closet painting. Strong work team 202!

We spent the night at Ron & Ebby's last night, and I will stay there the next week. It was surreal this morning watching that big truck towing our little Saturn pull out of Ron & Ebby's house and head to Florida. All I have know is two suitcases and this laptop on the counter. John and Ron will fly back on Wednesday.

Not sure how often I'll post here -- Ebby doesn't have Internet. I'm actually looking forward to a weekend of relaxing although there is still a long list of things to do including bringing some fish to the pet shop that JB couldn't take.

Til' later.

1 comment:

AW said...

Change is bittersweet isn't it Wendi? :-) I just want you to know that you have been in my prayers every day this past week. I have a postie at my desk at work to remind me. I know things are hectic and I'm praying that you stop to enjoy every sense God's given you to take it all in. But it sounds like you're doing that already. ;-)