Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Monet

Our lovebird Monet died this morning. It was quite a bummer.

JB heard the birds fighting and went out and saw Monet gasping for air. Twain, the girl bird, had bit her in the neck. Monet was having trouble breathing. He was gasping for air and just sitting in JB's hand.

We called a local vet and there "bird doctor" was in. They told us it would be $50 for a consultation. On the way there, we talked about how much we would pay. How do you decide how much something is worth to you? By the time we got Monet there, he was looking pretty bad and our discussion didn't matter as the doctor said there was nothing we could do. So they put him to sleep. I thought it was nice of them to only charge us for putting him to sleep not even for the consultation. I think $57.00 was worth JB not having to hold the bird while he died and then put him somewhere.

I never really had pets growing up but seeing them die really stinks!!! I know it is just a little, tiny bird, but I really liked Monet, and he was a part of our home. I am sorry if I have ever downplayed anyone's pet dying. I think pets dying is very, very stinky! I am standing there, talking to the doctor just crying over this tiny yellow bird.

Anyways, that's enough sobbing for one day.

3 comments:

AW said...

Wendi, I am so sorry you lost Monet. I lost my first pet about 3 years ago and it shocked me how positively devastating it was. He was my little rescue dog that I got after a terrible breakup with an ex. He rescued my broken heart and I rescued him from the pound. Never underestimate the power that God gives little fur/feathered friends to minister to us.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks friend!!! :)

Anonymous said...

awww i feel so bad about monet!
and for you guys! :(
that is hard to come home to.
praying for you in all the change and transition -so glad you are in such a good place re: the transfer.
love and miss you
Tante Jan