Saturday, December 12, 2015

We Bought a Farm: Walmart

Every time I go into Walmart I think, "This time it will be different."

And the ending is always the same.

My farm "requirement" was to be within 30 minutes of a Target.

We tried.

Hard.

But in the end, we found our farm -- one hour from a Target, and I willingly compromised.

We quickly realized when looking for our "dream farm" that a dream only exists if you are willing to pay for it. And we didn't want to pay that much. So we decided to look for a farm for half as much as our dream farm. That meant some compromises.

This farm was a bit hillier than we would have liked. The house was also not exactly what I would have wanted in a "forever home", and it will require some fixing to fit four teenagers within its walls.

It was also one hour from Target.

I try to do almost all of my shopping online. But today, I wanted to let Abigail pick out some gifts for her siblings. I didn't want her to buy them on the computer. I wanted to experience picking them out in the store.

And our only real choice around here is Walmart.

Goodness gracious.

Next time I think that I can run in there and it won't be painful, please remind me that it is always painful.

I do love our farm.

It was worth the compromise!

(I think.)

No comments: