Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day on the Blue Ridge

One of our favorite memories as a married couple was a day JB and I spent driving along the BlueRidge Parkway on our honeymoon. I actually had no idea that we were this close to Mt. Mitchell -- the highest peak east of the Mississippi. JB thought it would be fun to take the kids up there from the day. It is only about a 2 hour drive from our home. 

On the way to Mt. Mitchell, we tried explaining to all the kiddos that the last time we were there was on our honeymoon. Here is their confusion on video:



I went back through my old pictures and scanned in on our pictures from our honeymoon -- sometime in late June, 1998. Here are some photos I found from back then:








They have changed the whole viewing platform so it looks quite different today. But here are some pics of all of us up on the mountain:


So crazy to be at the same sign with six of us instead of two!









No comments: