Saturday, October 31, 2015

Discipline Scriptures

Our church had this hanging up in the nursery at church. I absolutely loved it! I am planning to put this on the refrigerator and when my kiddos need it, have them read the scripture or even write it! I love backing up what I am trying to teach them with sound words from the greatest book ever.

"He hit me first!"
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other. (I Thes. 5:15)

"She's stupid!"
Do not let any unwholesome talk come from your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up. (Eph. 4:29)

"You're not my friend anymore!"
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Eph. 4:32)

"You're not my boss!"
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. (Rom. 13:1)

"Why do I have to do that?"
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus ... taking the very nature of a servant. (Phil. 2:5-7).

No comments: