Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Power of Forgiveness

There are a few things that have happened to me in my life that I struggle with forgiveness. I can count these events on one hand, but every time I think of them, they cause my heart to beat a little faster, my blood pressure to go up, and pain to resurface. Do you have something in your life that causes you the same? I'd love to know that I'm not alone in this? I have a bully from my childhood who I know, if I ran into, would have trouble holding a conversation with. An ex-husband of a very close friend who caused that woman a lot of pain. That sort of thing.

Last week I saw a video online featuring this story. You must watch this video if you are struggling with unforgiveness. A woman killed a child. And the mother of that child forgave her. And when she forgave the criminal, the criminal was free to make her life better. She also saw the power of Christ and what Christ allowed this mother to do. How amazing to see the power of forgiveness.

How easy it should be for me to forgive a bully after watching this video. I'm not sure I'd be capable of the same. To Christ be the glory.

No comments: