Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Funnies (Fighting-Style)

The boys are fighitng nearly constantly. As much as they play together, they fight together. Some of it makes us smile. Here are some examples:
*****
The boys are playing together in the"train" room -- our formal dining room where we leave trains and cars set up to play. I am watching the women's olympic triathalon in the other room. Suddenly, Sidge appears:
Sidge: "Mommy, Isaac just hit me hard."
Me: "Okay, could you please tell Isaac to come here?"
Sidge leaves the room to tell Isaac I want to speak to him. Sidge returns solo.
Sidge: "He isn't going to come."
I then call Isaac and tell him to come. He appears.
Me: "Why didn't you come when Sidge told you to come?'
Isaac: "Mommy, Sidge told me you were going to take me to jail."
Me: "Sidge, is that what you told him?"
When Sidge confirmed that he had in fact told Isaac that I was going to send him to jail, I sent Sidge to time-out. I then turned to Isaac.
Me: "Sidge should not have told you that. That was a lie. But did you hit him?"
Isaac: "Yes. But that was because he told me I couldn't use his trailer until Grama and Grampa K. got here. And that's a really long time."
*****
The boys were upstairs playing in their "kitchen." (We've converted part of the built-in bar area into a kitchen they can play in.) I was downstairs. I heard Isaac crying and walked over to the bottom of the stairs to see what was wrong. He was standing at the top.
Isaac: "I hurt myself Mommy."
Me: "How?"
Isaac: "My kitchen hurt me."
Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. But you aren't crying anymore. So are you okay?"
Isaac: "No, I'm not. That willy hurt."
At this point Sidge joins him at the top of the stairs and says, "He hurt hisself Mommy. But I didn't even laugh." I told him how proud I was of him. We've been working on teaching the boys to encourage their brother not laugh at them when they are hurt.
Me: "That's good Sidge. I'm proud of you."
Sidge: "But I smiled just a little bit."
Isaac: "Yeah and I don't want you to smile at me when I get hurt."
Sidge: "Yeah but I didn't laugh."

No comments: