Saturday, August 18, 2012

Call me "Sidge"

Here's a video of Elijah (aka "Sidge") explaining why he doesn't want to be called Elijah. He's obviously overheard me telling people, "Sidge just stuck" because he repeats that in the video. He has informed us, in no uncertain terms, that his name is Sidge. If we call him Elijah, he corrects us. If we introduce him as Elijah, he corrects us. If we write down Elijah, he corrects us. We are pretty sure that this nickname is going to be with him for a long, long time. So when you hear me referring to Sidge on the blog, you'll know who I am talking about. Sidge it is.

P.S. Sidge originated form Sidge-uh. This was how Isaac pronounced Elijah's name for the longest time. He called Elijah Sidge-uh, and somewhere along the line, JB and I started playfully calling him Sidge. We never imagined it would stick like it has.

2 comments:

denise said...

Too cute! I may have missed the post, but where did The name Sidge originate from?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

P.S. Sidge originated form Sidge-uh. This was how Isaac pronounced Elijah's name for the longest time. He called Elijah Sidge-uh, and somewhere along the line, JB and I started playfully calling him Sidge. We never imagined it would stick like it has.