Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bananas

I've recently seen some great ideas regarding bananas. The first involves organizing them. Organization. Something very near and dear to my heart. And this? Brilliant!

The second idea involves a picture I saw on Facebook. One of my very good high school friends, Steve, is now a dad himself. Steve has a son, Liam, who is just a little bit younger than my boys. I saw a picture of Liam on Facebook eating two of my favorite foods: bananas and peanut butter.

Now ... I eat bananas and peanut butter together all the time. I smear it on the bananas and eat it just like that. I eat it on bread (and even add honey). In fact, both of my housekeepers (Hatice and now Hita) have become lovers of these sandwiches thanks to me.)

But I have never, ever, thought to make little banana chips for my kids! I was blown away. How can I live 34 .... ohhh, I mean, as of May, 35 years, and not think of this. I give all the credit to Steve for this incredible revelation. (Steve gives it to his roommate's girlfriend, but ... whatever.) :)

Oh, and I believe that when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate (and don't get me strated on peanut butter and chocolate mixed together), God was thinking solely of me!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love the banana holder!

I never realized what an organizer you are until I visited you in Turkey. I am feeling this overwhelming need to get things organized (nesting?). I would love more blog posts about organization tips. Your lazy susan medicine holder - now that's brilliant!