Friday, August 03, 2012

Friday Funnies

I'm not sure how you are supposed to answer the question: "Does everyone wear underwear?" But when Isaac asked it, I decided to answer it in the affirmative. He then said, "What color underwear do they wear?" I told him different colors. Then he said, "What color does Fireman Sam wear?" A favorite Australian TV show we get on our European TV. That I didn't have an answer for.
*****
Most of the boys' underwear has a picture on the butt and is just white on the front. But there is one pair that has pictures all over it, and both the boys have trouble when trying to put those on in figuring out what is the front and what is the back. Sidge told me he needed help because it was inside out. I told him that it wasn't inside out -- it just had pictures all over it. "Okay," he said, "But where does the penis go?"
*****
Elijah is constantly trying to get my help on puzzles he knows how to do. Today he tried: "Mommy, how 'bout we do the teamwork? How 'bout we work a-gether?"
*****
Our boys are allowed to go pee-pee outside. Because of some embarrassing moments, we have now made the rule that they can only do this when it is "just our family" at home. JB taught the boys that nitrogen helps the flowers grow so they will say, "Which flower needs my nitrogen today?" This morning Isaac asked me:
Isaac: "Does poopy not help the flowers grow?"
Me: "I think it's just pee- pee that helps the flowers grow."
Isaac: "May I please ask why?"
Me: "Ummmm .... I don't know."
Isaac: "We should ask Daddy?"
Me: "Yes. Let's ask him when he gets home."
*****
Elijah: "How does the rain come from the clouds?"
Me: "Well, God puts the rain there. But maybe Daddy could explain it more than that."
Isaac: "Ummmm ... Sidge .... Excuse me ... I need to tell you something. The clouds turn gray and then the rain comes out."
Elijah: "Oh. Okay."
*****
As Abigail gets faster, the boys are always telling me she is running. But Sidge will say, "Abigail runned."
*****
When his brother or his friend Noah has left him behind, instead of saying, "They are beating me," Sidge often says, "They are beating me up." Totally different meaning!
*****
Sidge just loves food. He asked me if he could have another snack. "No," I said. "We are going to have dinner soon." He got a huge smile. "Ohhhh, I lovveeeeee dinner," he said. And then later, he hurt his leg. "Mommy, my leg hurts. I think some food will help my leg."
*****
While doing a craft where we stuck spaghetti noodles into play dough, I explained that you had to be very careful or the noodles would break. "Ohhh," Sidge said. "Are they glass?"

No comments: