Thursday, June 16, 2011

JB is "home"!

JB arrived via military rotator at 4pm yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. Oh how wonderful it is to have him here with us. This was the flight we were all supposed to take together when we moved me to Germany. Instead, we have been here for a month, and JB returned to us via that same flight.

The good news is that this is the first three trips he has planned here beetween now and the time of Abigail's scheduled arrival. While he has to return to work periodically, he will spend a lot of the month here with us. I had been counting down the days until June 15, and now it is here! So glad he had enough leave and that he was permitted via leadership at the Clinic to spend so much time here during this next month. Having him here is so needed for my mental stability.

Not only is JB here, but Joan comes in next week. She stays for two weeks, leaves, and is replaced by my parents. It will be so wonderful to have grandparents here for nearly the whole month.

Both the boys were incredibly excited to see JB yesterday, but Isaac sounded like he was going to cry when we drove up and he saw his Daddy waiting for us. Isaac said, "Get me out of the car! There's my Daddy!" and then, in thinking of how JB always gives them tons of kisses, he said, "Eat me up Daddy!" The rest of the night, Isaac would play with the new cars JB brought him for a few minutes and then stand up, run to JB, crawl up on his lap and say, "You're my Daddy!" and just sit and hug on his Daddy. While JB obviously loves both his boys equally, he and Isaac really share a tight bond. It's been that way since he was born. Isaac has always picked JB over me. I've rarely met a child connect more with Dad then Mom. But Isaac definitely has. I love seeing those two together.

We plan to enjoy the next few days together -- just being a family. Last night while JB was cooking dinner, I started having contractions again. They were pretty intense, but having him here really made me feel better, and we were able to get them to stop within an hour. I laid on my side, ate some ice cream (not sure that was required but it seemed to make me feel better. :) It's the first time I have had consistent contractions since I went to L&D almost two weeks ago. While the doctor said post 34-weeks the baby should be fine, I'd still like her to stay put for another week or two.

Gotta run! It's family time!

No comments: