Tuesday, June 07, 2011

V Turns 19!

Yesterday was V's 19th Bday! I know I am not the absolute coolest person in the world, but, well, I'm the only person she really knows here, which meant I got lucky enough to be chosen to go out to dinner with her for her birthday! (The boys "came with the package.") JB and I actually gave Veronica a trip to Paris for her birthday. It's with a tour group here on Base and it's a 24 hour whirwind drive and tour of the city. (We are only 3.5 hours from Paris so they leave at 4am one day and return at 4am the next day!) The trip in June was already full when we discovered it so she'll have to wait until she's one month older before she gets to do that. (A big thank you to Casey C. for the tour link you sent me! That's how we found this trip!)

The boys each drew a picture for Veronica which they gave her when she woke up this morning. we also made her a birthday video which you can view here. You can hear Elijah calling Veronica "VeronicaRay." This is her full name, and for some reason, he calls her this. It is so stinkin' cute. You'll also hear Elijah stuttering quite a bit. They say kids go through this between 2-4. Isaac is just coming out of it, but Elijah is just coming into it. You feel so frustrated for them when it takes a year to say one word.

After a morning at the pool and me getting to do my "birthday spa" day (thanks great husband o' mine), the four of us went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Yum! Here are some pictures of our time out celebrating Veronica.


Isaac's new favorite car is a pink car with a trailer. (Both boys love anything that has a trailer on it.) The fact that it is bright pink though cracks me up. Especially if you know my hubby. He is not at all into boys + pink going together! :) I bought the boys a whole box of cars and trucks from a gal in the Ramstein MOPs group for $20. It's already been worth every penny with the hours of entertainment that box has provided.


Elijah showing his teeth. We all got dressed up for the evening -- although Elijah's handsome outfit was replaced with gym shorts when he decided to tell us he had to go pee-pee after he had already started.


I love this little smile!


Here's my best attempt to get Isaac to smile. At least he was "facing" the camera!


Here is Veronica pouting when Elijah told her he could not, under any circumstance, give her a birthday kiss.


The boys were ecstatic (especiall Isaac) that Veronica's "party" included ice cream for them!


Elijah showing how happy he is with ice cream! Actually, I don't think he likes it that much. I think he only gets excited becaue his big brother goes so nuts over the cold stuff.


They brought Veronica a dessert for her birthday that was too big for her to eat all herself. Oh well. I guess I'll have to help. (Even with the two of us, we left half the cake on the table.)


When I told Elijah to put his arm around Veronica, this is what he did. He had no idea what I meant, so he crossed his arms and asked, "Like this?"


Here he is after we showed him how to put his arm around Veronica. This is a very classic picture of the boys with their Veronica.

2 comments:

Heather said...

ohhh, I want to know about this link to book a trip to Paris for 24 hours! I didn't even know that ITT on base did this kind of trip. It sounds like a good one, especially if it gets sold out.~Heather

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Heather, check it out:

http://affiliates.uso.org/kaiserslautern/

Just go to the month you are interested in.