Saturday, June 04, 2011

Contractions galore

It's been a very tiring 24 hours. Even though it is the middle of the night in my "USA" world, if you happen to get this, add me to your prayer list. I have made a temporary goal that this little lass will stick around in utero until at least 34 weeks. That's one more week. Once I hit that, I will set a new goal of 36 weeks. But for now, 34 weeks would be great.

I have been having some doozies of contractions since about dinner time last night. I was able to get them to settle down during the Federer tennis match last night but was woken up numerous times throughout the night with them back in full force. Veronica helped me with dinner and bedtime big time, but a 1am wake-up by a trying-to-wear-underwear-to-bed-but-completely-soaked-Isaac and then a 5:30am wake-up by Elijah who despite wearing a diaper wanted to go in the potty didn't help with the rest. I am going to let Veronica sleep a little bit longer and then tag-out so I can go back for a nap.

And this morning, the contractions are still lingering. I do NOT want to have to go into L & D and get hooked up, checked, all to tell me there is no cervical change and go home. So I am waiting. Waiting until I see a significant change in intensity or frequency. Last night, between 7-8pm I had about 15 of them and they got to 2-3 minutes apart and frequent enough that Isaac noticed me closing my eyes tightly and said, "Mom, can you please stay your eyes open?" But then, with rest and relaxation and cold water, I got them to stop before I hit hour two.

A reminder that my L & D rule is no more than 6 an hour for more than 2 hours. Working to keep it that way. Pray please!

6 comments:

Kiley said...

When I was pregnant I contracted like that from week 30 until finally we delivered her at 37 weeks. My doctor suggested lots of fluids and warm baths. The water helped my body slow down and ended up being relaxing. I took a lot of baths during that time, but I was determined to keep her in. Hope this might work for you.

Ryan and Sarah said...

Turkey loves ya. Settle down Abigail!!

Becky said...

I am praying Wendi!

Faith said...

Oh, you are in my thoughts! Stay put, baby girl!!! Your family wants to see you, but not TOO soon:)!

Kendra said...

Praying!

Debbie said...

I worry about you, and am praying this little gal holds tight for a while longer! :) Have you thought about complete bedrest? I have no experience whatsoever with it, so I'm just throwing the idea out there for what it's worth.