Saturday, June 04, 2011

Return Trip

Had to make a return trip to L&D tonight. Not my idea of a fun time. My contractions started coming on top of each other while I was lying down. (I was actually watching the French Open finals and I think missing the end of that match disappointed me more than anything!) Anyways, after a solid hour of 2-3 minute apart contractions that I couldn't talk through, JB (via SKYPE) told me that it was time to call L&D. I was hoping they'd say I could give it some more time at home, but I had to come in. Ugh. Three hours later I was back home -- the results of another fetal fibronectin being negative (leading us to believe we have at least another week with no labor -- good news!)

It was a good trial run for Veronica and myself. She drove me there, and so we could practice where it is, how to get a hold of each other, etc. Not sure what I would do without that girl here -- not only for the help she gives me but for the friendship and conversation with another adult she provides as well.

My new plan: not to go to L&D unless the baby is truly ON THE WAY. They told me tonight that I did the right thing and that if it happens again, I need to do it again. But honestly, I plan to wait a lot longer now that I have proved you can have intense contractions for one hour without any cervical change.

Good job Abigail. Hang tight.

5 comments:

jan schwingler said...

Praying for no more contractions. Thanks for sending some my way on Thursday, though! :) Glad you have Veronica there to help you out. It's fun to have a newborn in the house again...I'm excited for you!

jan schwingler said...

oops - this is Rachel! My mom must have been signed in on our computer!

Emily said...

Relieved to hear Abigail has another week inside, Lord willing! Praying that you don't have to make any more early trips to L&D.

TAV said...

if you went preterm, would they offer you or would you be interested in a vbac?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a vbac but they have told me that I am not a candidate to attempt. They put my chances at less than 13% being as i went all the way (10cm) and pushed for 3 hours with no progress with E.