Sunday, June 26, 2011

L & D & Friends

Today was a long day. I didn't feel good for most of the day and after another slew of contractions and some fluid concerns, I ended up back in L & D. I did NOT want to go. But my husband decided that I NEEDED to go. Sure enough, I was having 30-40 second contractions 2-3 minutes apart. But I still am not in labor so back home I go. I was dialated a bit more than last time but not enough to keep me there. Oh well! Home to wait some more.

While I may not be feeling so wonderful, I do have some wonderful friends. Angelica "hired" Linda as the director of this video from some of my friends back on Base. By the end, when the song You've Got a Friend in Me comes in and Scrubby is dancing across the screen, I was in tears. Linda managed to load it to youtube so I could share it with you all.

***Please note that there are mentions of pregnancies (mine and others) in this video.

7 comments:

Gabbs said...

Awww, that was really sweet. What great friends you have! Miss you guys.

mom said...

That made me cry! What great friends!

Anonymous said...

I just watched your video and got teary! I don't know you or your family but am praying for you guys and for a safe arrival of your lil girl and a quick return back to your home :)

<3 Dana T

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great friends you have, Wendy!! Everywhere you go you are so blessed to have such great people around you!
Anxiously awaiting baby Abigail's arrival!! Enjoy your visit with Joni!
Cheryl in Ontario, Canada

yuan family said...

How sweet of your friends to put that together! We are thinking of you too Wendi.

Becky said...

What an amazing gift from your friends!!! It will be wonderful to have later as you look back at your time in Turkey and all the wonderful friends you met there.

And I started crying too as soon as I saw Scrubby and heard the music, thinking about the fact that you don't have him there with you :-( I love that last part with him, that made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

You are so very blessed with dear friends everywhere you go! This is a precious video. I cried and I don't even know y'all! You're in the count down now - enjoy your visit with Joni & John there! I'm praying for a safe delivery AND a safe recovery along with a very healthy mommy and baby! Hang in there - you're getting there! Lynda