Friday, June 10, 2011

Christmas Morning Germany Style

Last night I had dinner with our friend Deana. Deana worked with JB on Eglin AFB during residency. She was one year ahead of John and is now stationed here on Ramstein. She has been incredibly helpful during our time here. Answering questions, seeing Isaac for the sore he developed in his mouth, and, most importantly, letting people send mail to her! This is probably the biggest blessing of all since without Deana, I'd have to our mail delivered to Landstuhl Air Base which wouldn't be incredibly convenient to check regularly. (It's about a 15 minte drive to this Base.)

Deana and I had a delicious dinner at Chili's. (Holding a menu that was written in English was something I haven't done in quite some time.) And then we headed out to our cars where she emptied her trunk of packages that had come to her PO Box for us.

This morning, when the boys woke up, it was Christmas morning in our TLF. Daddy had sent some of their Thomas trains. He had also sent Isaac's lamborghini which had been requested from day 1 of our stay here as well as their big blue truck. One great blessing is that mail from APO Box to APO Box is completely free. This means that JB can mail us stuff, and we can mail it back completely for free. How cool is that?

There was also a package from Grama K. which included some birthday cards for Veronica and me. And Joni sent some very cool books for the boys AND a DVD of some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes! Too awesome! She also sent some 4th of July shirts for all three of our children. Seeing little girl things is still a bit strange for me.

We are in heaven here in our TLF this morning. Well, the boys are especially. Just a bit of home will entertain them for days to come.

*I have received many emails asking if we can receive mail here. Obviously this post answers that question. If you want Deana's address, please shoot me an email, and I'll be happy to share it with you. People have also asked if there is anything we need here. The truth is, we are much more "set" with the giant BX here than we ever were in Turkey so all of our needs are definitely met. But mail is still a wonderful thing! And don't worry about us having too much "stuff" here in Germany since we can mail stuff back home for free!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Wendi! Do you still need coupons? I have some ready to mail to you, but wasn't sure if you were using them in Germany or not. If you do want them, please email me (jsings115 @ yahoo.com) with your address there. Also, I don't know if Joia told you, but I found out I too am having my first baby girl!!! We are due in October.
Praying for you! Love, Jessica