Friday, September 17, 2010

Thanks

A HUGE THANK YOU! to those of you who offered me encouragement after my post yesterday. I was so incredibly grateful for the encouraging words I received both on this blog and via email. So many things jumped out at me.

Joy you were such a blessing to me. Joy noted that I was writing this after being sick for two days. SO TRUE! Not a good time to analyze my abilities as a mother. Secondly, her comment about their eternal souls was one I had thought of before I even wrote the blog. The fact that I am investing in the souls of men is what I need to remember. When I was serving them their macaroni & cheese with peas for dinner, I thought about the fact that surely there was a mom who was better at this dinner thing than me. But years from now, they won't remember what we had for dinner. What they'll remember the values I helped instill in them. What a task!

Bethany I also greatly valued your comments as a mother of twins. I have to remember that times two is, literally, times two. That helped me so much. You are my hero!

I know the Lord is looking out for me because even before I could express in words my feelings of being overwhelmed, my mom sent me an email with the following scriptures. How awesome is He to show her I needed encouragement even before I expressed out loud that I did?

Psalm 61:2-3 (New King James Version) 2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. (Amplified Bible) 2From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I [yes, a rock that is too high for me]. 3For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! PSalm 61 was and is a favorite of mine when living at the ends of the earth...and now that i'm back here i'm at the ends of the earth from my friends in INdonesia so it still works! what a blessing -to know you are sooooooo on God's heart -you are HIS child and His love for WENDI is even more than your mom's for you or yours for your boyz -that is such an amazing thought to me --this year i've been studying thru the concept in Scripture that God knows my name -He knows ME! I know it's not all about me, but He's the kind of God whose love says, But it IS about you too!!! Take care of you 2! xo Tante Jan

Joy Z said...

That scripture is so encouraging to me today! Our Lord is so kind to give us just what we need!