Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Conversation with Hatice

Wendi: "Hatice, I am trying to learn how to ask someone how to say something."

Hatice: "Okay."

Wendi: "Maybe I see someone in the market. And I want to ask them, 'how do you say ... apple.'"

Hatice: "Elma. Elma is apple."

Wendi: "Right. I know apple. I know elma is apple. But what if I want to ask someone else how to say it."

Hatice: "Okay."

Wendi: "So, like, I say, 'How do you say ... dog in Turkish?'"

Hatice: "Köpek."

Wendi: "Right. Yes. I know how to say dog. But what if I wanted to ask you how I could say the word dog in Turkish. How would I do that?"

Hatice: "If you go out of town, I will watch Mr. Scubby. No problem."

Wendi: Sighs.

8 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

:-) This made me smile!

Joia said...

LOL!!!!! Soo funny! =0)

Jenny said...

I feel you! I had noble aspirations when first I arrived to learn German, even took a class, but after a fall down the stairs at 37 weeks pregnant that was the end of it. Thankfully, Ryan is pretty good with the German. Maybe some day (sigh)...

Jess said...

Hahahaha! Needed that this morning!

Brittny said...

sooooooooooooooooo awesome in so many ways!!!

Anonymous said...

I looked it up Wendi. ne diyorsun is "how do you say" in Turkish.

Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yeah Linda ... Hatice and I finally figured it out. :) I shoulda just looked it up.

Anonymous said...

love it!!!!!!
tante Jan
try to say How do i say, 'how do i say? in turkish"