Saturday, September 04, 2010

Dinner Out with Friends

It was actually last weekend that we took our new friends: Shane and Linda (pediatrician) and Ryan and Sarah (who I have decided to just call "Stebbins" since I have four friends who go by Sara/h.) JB had been to the lake with some of the other docs, but I hadn't. So we all headed down and had a beautiful dinner. Linda took the photos. Once again, there was no menu. We asked the waiter for a menu, and he said, "I am your menu." Then he proceeded to bring us whatever he wanted. Sounded good to us: Take a look at our meal as presented in photos:

This is very typical of the appetizers served at many of the Turkish restaurants. Unfortunately, I am not a big tomato eater so I don't dig into them. But the hummus and bread keep me quite satisfied.

Here we are during the appetizer course.

The next thing they do is bring out a huge piece of bread that stretches out across the entire table.


Then they ring out the kebab. It has all kinds of wonderful meats, vegetables, and even stuffed bread type foods. They then pull the skewer out, cut it up, and serve you! Yum!


Here we are right after the skewer was removed. It was quite impressive so I think I was clapping.

1 comment:

Joia said...

This food looks sooo amazing!!