Saturday, September 18, 2010

Turkish Version of the Co-op


Elica and Isaac taking a reading break after a hard morning in the pool

The wifia had their co-op, and we Turkish military wives, have created our own. There are seven of us gals with children ranging from 1-4. We decided to form a bit of a co-op to help give other moms a chance for some time off.

What we decided to do was set up Mondays and Fridays as a "co-op" day. On Monday, one mom hosts the co-op at her house. Another mom is assigned to help her. Anyone can drop off their kiddos at the host's house between 9-1. The most kids that could be present are 10. I happened to be the helper and the hostess for the first two events and we had six kids both times.

We are trying for a two month period. Each person has to be a helper or hostess four times. You don't have to utilize the co-op or, in my case, I could utilize it for one kiddo or both kiddos or no kiddos. I could also just drop them off for one hour or for all four.

So far, it has worked great! I was Stebbin's helper on Monday. And I was the hostess on Friday and Angelica helped me. Angelica is a beautiful gal (both inside and out) from Spain. She's a wonderful sister in the Lord who lives almost right behind us. We played outside for an hour, played in the pool for an hour, and then moved inside for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and some lunch. It was fantastic!

I am really excited about this opportunity to fellowship with another gal and get some time to get things done if I need it without having to drop the boys off in a daycare setting where I know Elijah would just lose his mind right now. Way cool.

We'll see how it goes next week when I'm not a hostess or a helper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome...and answer to prayers about the boys adjusting to nurseries!!tante Jan