Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A bit under the weather

Yesterday was one of those days where I wondered, "How can I take care of myself and my two boys?" I have been sick the last two days. Very sick. The sickest, other than migraine-sick, that I can remember being in the last five years.

I was so blessed that both days, Elijah took a morning nap, and a friend volunteered to take Isaac while Elijah was sleeping: Stebbins on Tuesday for playgroup and Angelica on Wednesday. In fact, after I dropped Isaac off with Angelica (who lives right behind me so I could let Elijah sleep while I walked Isaac over), I fell onto my bed and slept without moving until Angelica rang the bell to drop him off 2.5 hours later! Yikes!

After lunch, Isaac went down for a nap, and I put on Cars and just let Eljiah climb all over me and watch the movie while I dozed. I couldn't do anything but lay there and let him watch TV.

Anyways, despite me being under the weather and both the boys not quite themselves, we hung in there together and made it through the day. JB was unable to take a day off since the regional allergist from Germany was in town. JB is the "allergy extender" on Base and basically works as an allergist. He reports to this guy in Germany, who then checks in on him every few months and makes sure John is handling his allergy patients well.

After a longer than usual day at work, poor JB had to come home and completely take over with dinner and clean-up. I had nothing left. Needless to say ... church was a no-go.

JB also captured a few snuggle-time pictures. There was lots of laying around and watching TV and reading books in our house yesterday as you can see from the photos below:


2 comments:

Joy Z said...

So sorry you're not feeling well! Now the next post makes even more sense as well. Here is one more little bit of advice. When you're not feeling well or are feeling any form of condemnation, that is precisely NOT the time to re-evaluate your life. Those deep thinking times are best left for happy times, when your body and mind are both feeling well. Otherwise, I know for me, I can tend to go into a downward spiral of I'm not doing ABC and oh yeah, I forgot, I'm terrible at XYZ as well. Plus, my hair looks terrible and I need to lose more weight.

Hope that helps! =) Prayers for you today.

Anonymous said...

I see your boys smiling and being happy so that right there shows that you are a terrific mother. So what if you don't get it all done in one day? Just rest and get better and then work on one thing at a time if necessary. The boys are growing up so fast. Just enjoy your sweet little boys.